The CNC Production Supervisor is responsible for the Computer Numerical Control production work center in the Huntersville Systemhaus. This role will directly manage all CNC production personnel, equipment, and schedules ensuring work meets design specification and is completed by expected production dates. The supervisor is a hands-on manager that will lead efficient strategies for the programming, setup, and operation of CNC machines. They will be accountable for in process (“on-the-floor”) production quality assurance, prior to Quality Control Department inspection including leading trouble shooting efforts. This supervisor will be responsible for operator’s development and training plans, while ensuring sufficient staffing of CNC machines needed to meet production demand on all shifts.
- Directly supervises daily CNC operations, achieving production, performance, and quality objectives.
- Continually evaluates effectiveness of production processes and methods; recommends and implements improvement initiatives that include production equipment, performance, processes, procedures, safety, and quality of product.
- Works with Material Planning teams to schedule and streamline work to maximize production capacity; assigns work to operators/machinsts employees.
- Effectively participates with Systemhaus Engineering team to quote, review manufacturability, schedule, and develop manufacturing processes and quality control plans; provides technical support on prototype production, materials, and equipment.
- Encourages and contributes to a positive work environment and culture through effective communication, coaching, teamwork and leadership.
- Works with Maintenance to plan preventative maintenance (PM), and to repair machines and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Maintains an effective CNC production team by assigning work, evaluating performance, hiring new employees, resolving employee conflicts, handling disciplinary discussions, actions, and terminations, in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Assists with capital equipment research and plant layout.
- Successfully supports customer and regulatory audits.
- Performs other production assignments as necessary.
- Strives to improve productivity, reduce scrap and material waste in an efficient manner.
- Commits to corporate values, goals, mission and vision; leads by example.
- Bachelor’s or Technical degree in a CNC manufacturing, Operations, Engineering, Industrial Technology or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CNC machine shop; Supervisory experience a plus
- CNC machinist programming, machine setup up, and operating experience; this is a hands on supervisor position, critical supervisor that will help oversee the growth of our 2nd and 3rd shift teams.
- Ability to interpret complex drawings and specifications, including a solid understanding of GD&T.
- Knowledge of Siemen’s NX and Fanuc software.
- SAP or other ERP scheduling module experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work with, and communicate to, all levels of the business (manufacturing, customer service, …)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and execute to deadlines
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Able to work closely within a team and contribute individually in high pressure situations