The Materials Planner/Buyer is responsible for product availability to meet required service levels against optimal costs and working capital (inventory), translating and interpreting the outcome of the S&OP of the assigned Sales Segment team(s) into an optimal production plan. This role requires pro-actively with suppliers (internal and external) to identify potential issues, communicating them and solving them in cooperation with all parties involved: manufacturing, inside sales, materials management. This role will be tasked with keeping the optimal balance between inventory cost and service levels.
- Foster material planning discussions across a cross-functional team that includes: Production, Engineering and Inside Sales departments regarding production status, material issues, and external purchases status.
- Act as Voice Of the Customer to Bürkert factories and 3rd party supplier base.
- Analyse daily planning results from ERP-SAP and confirm appropriate order packages to manufacturing and vendors (External purchases), balancing against known manufacturing constraints and the agreed monthly S&OP production plans.
- Manage product inventory levels to meet monthly operations plan, balance inventory mix to ensure desired resource levels are maintained. Prevent Inflow of aged finished goods in partnership with Sales and production.
- Analyze historical consumption levels and provide recommended planning strategies to sales teams to ensure customer fulfilment.
- Manage relevant master data elements in place for ERP-SAP planning that impact planning strategies. This includes cross functional communication between Germany based manufacturing and US-Sales to ensure the correct master data.
- Manage Made to Stock (MTS) replenishment, and control inventory to meet quarterly DOH targets.
- Work closely with production to ensure the sequencing of orders achieves the proper service levels.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 3 years in scheduling or production planning, demand planning, in manufacturing environment and/or manufacturing/engineering experience
- APICs certified is a plus
- Six Sigma Certified is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use analytical tools to solve business problems
- Proven ability to work with, and communicate to, all levels of the business (manufacturing, customer service, …)
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office programs
- Proven expertise in SAP planning
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and execute to deadlines
- Have the ability to follow projects through to completion
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Able to work closely within a team and contribute individually in high pressure situations