General Manager, Additive Manufacturing Services
Company: Oerlikon AM
Location: 12012 Vanstory Dr., Huntersville, NC 28078
Job Type: Full-Time
- Accountability for customer relations, steering, building, maintaining customer business and accounts to support the business growth
- Responsibility for all operations activities on site, compliance, contacts to local authorities, development of the site along the business and operations strategy.
- Drive and control responsible assess utilization, asset development and footprint adjustments in line with the AM strategy
- Shape and develop the Oerlikon AM service business strategy
- Define local AM Oerlikon service offering and commercial value proposition in Americas including geographies served, key industries, customer segments and production services offered. Responsible for the top and bottom line of the American service business
- Responsibility for the performance and development of the regional team
- Supports building of factory networks, and thereby, paving the way for future production methods and advanced manufacturing technologies globally.
- Responsibility for continuous improvement of the service provided to the customer in Americas through executing initiatives such as 5S, lean management, KPIs system, reporting, monitoring.
- You to play a critical role in the assessment of potential M&A targets to support the local AM business
- Engage in the M&A process to support the AM team in terms of assessment of the asset base of the target, operational due diligence as well as the integration process from the operational perspective to ensure the new acquired plant(s) cope with AM standards in terms of equipment/workflow/management systems as well as HSE.
- Demonstrated experience in building customer relations and sustainable networks with decision makers within aerospace/defence companies.
- Track record in managing and engineering production sites in an international company (preferred AM, engineered components, thermal spray or heat treatment, tooling industry or automotive/automotive supplier industry) – production technology background.
- Able to handle the rapid pace of a startup culture; Self-driven, open and positive mind set with experience in international and cross-cultural business environment, entrepreneurial mind set
- Proven leadership track record
- Experience with project management processes, acted as project manager for major projects
- Strategic planning record and experience
- Desire and readiness to travel 30-40% of your time and sometimes at ugly hours
- Big shoulders to handle lots of pressure