Construction Field Technician
Company: SAERTEX multiCom
Location: 12200 My. Holly-Huntersville Rd., Huntersville, NC 28078
Job Type: Full-Time
Plans, designs, and directs construction engineering projects such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation systems, pipelines, and power plants by performing the following duties.
Train and interact with field personnel and customers
Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
Plans, investigates, and surveys structures and equipment to determine feasibility and options.
Directs construction and maintenance activities at project site, including supervision of construction personnel (i.e., operators, laborers, and site foreman) and subcontract personnel assigned to the project.
Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
Manages contractual commitments for contractors including costs, quality, schedule, and field activities.
Maintains quality of work in accordance with the standards specified in the design documents.
Tests construction materials to meet quality assurance requirements of the design.
Maintains effective communications and coordination between the company and the design engineer to ensure timeliness and accuracyRequirements:
Must pass a background and motor vehicle check
Hold an active and clean driver’s license
A passport is required and must be able to travel internationally
Must be able to pass a DOT required physical and drug screen
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software and Manufacturing software.