Warehouse Associate Forklift Operator
Using company equipment: Received, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishment by performing the following duties.
The duties and responsibilities of this position includes:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipments.
- Completed requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Prepares parcels for mailing
- Maintains inventory records.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of data entry and scanning software.
- Forklift Certification needed.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to stand, walk, bend and sit.